To Appeal against a placement decision, please follow the links below:
Admission Appeals Timetable for Year R starting school in September 2020
1. Parents/carers will be notified by the local authority of the result of their application on 16 April 2021.
Notification date for late applicants (whose applications received after 15 January before 16 April 2021) is 24 April 2021.
2. The deadline for parents lodging an appeal will be 18 May 2021.
3. Appeal hearings will be held in the period 8 June to 17 July inclusive.
4. Decision letters will be sent to parents/carers within five school days of the hearing.
5. Appeals lodged after 17 May 2021 will be heard within the period 10 June to 12 July 2021 if
possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
(i) Appeals lodged after 18 May will be heard during the above dates if possible or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged. Appeals lodged on or after 12 June may not be heard until the autumn term but no more than 30 school days after the appeal was lodged.
(ii) Appellants will receive at least 10 school days' notice of the exact date and location of their appeal hearing.
(iii) Following the lodging of an appeal, additional papers may be submitted to the Appeals Service until 10 working days before the hearing. Evidence admitted after this date will be considered by the panel but this may lead to an adjournment and significant delays.